Design Thinking Trainee
As a Design Thinker, you think holistically on how business viability, technological feasibility and human desirability together can create the ideal customer experience. You show great empathy and work user centric.
You contribute to our mission to make corporates innovate like startups. And we can use your fresh perspective and extra pair of hands. We are sure you can learn a thing or two from our diverse team of awesome people. :-)
We try to avoid corporate theatre at all cost and go for a hands-on approach based on the philosophy behind the Design Thinking - empathise, define, ideate, prototype and test! We have the great pleasure to innovate with enterprises like Roche, ING, Telenet, Nestlé and Adidas.
What to expect?
A lot of different things every day.
Usually, you work independently in a team where you support and learn from each other on how to best encourage and engage people in the Design Thinking way of working through trainings and coaching sessions and workshops.
You will have a chance to grow your soft skills by creating team exercises and tools, delivering workshops and inspire people via Design Thinking example cases.
You get feedback from project leads on what could be improved & where you can learn more.
Why is this different than a traineeship somewhere else?
You will be fulltime working in Antwerp with a learning by doing approach. You will be thrown into the unknown but with support until you can fly on your own.
After 6 months we will evaluate your progress. The purpose is that after this first (paid) work experience you can join our team as a Human-Centered Designer.
And yes, the only coffee you will be making is going to be yours ;)
- want to gain experience
- have an academic background in Business / Design / Innovation
- are a creative and analytical thinker who can use both sides of your brain to extract important findings from research
- are able to produce clear visual communication with proficiency in Keynote (knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop is an asset)
- can work on different projects simultaneously and flexible to jump from one case to another
- are comfortable to work in a self-directing culture
- are fluent in English; other languages are an asset.
But more importantly, we love you to:
- Collaborate – get the best out of the team
- Be optimistic – show excitement for new opportunities
- Learn from failure – be reflective and learn from it
- Take ownership – take responsibility for your bit, own it and follow through on it
You want to be part of a leading innovation & design agency where you can
- work in an international team of highly talented people
- take full ownership of ideas and bring them to reality
- eat healthy breakfast & lunch every day at no cost
- enjoy Funky Fridays & unlimited coffee and refreshing energy drinks
- work at standing desks while listening to your company-provided Spotify account
- walk around barefooted on our amazingly soft carpet floor
- have the freedom to develop yourself in a specific direction and so much more
Are you interested in joining our team of diverse, fun and intrapreneurial people?
See more of our team culture at our Instagram: boardofinnovation. Looking forward to hearing from you! #designthinkingtraineeship
Do you still sit on any questions?
Contact our People and culture lead Dominique for more information! (firstname.lastname@example.org)