Innovation Consultant / Business Designer
As a business designer/innovation consultant, you support corporate teams in their quest for new business opportunities. You inspire them with (startup) best practices, deep user understanding, and relevant tools and techniques. You are not only coaching this process, but you also contribute to the ideas. Finally, you function as a sounding board for corporate entrepreneurs.
What to expect? An example:
Together with a colleague, you start off by organizing a workshop to set the innovation scope with the innovation team of our client. “Do we aim for disruptive innovation? What markets do we plan to address?” Once the desired outcome has been defined, you help the client to select a group of open minded employees within their workforce. In several weeks, you guide the teams from ideation to an investment pitch to their own management (aka. Dragons’ Den). The ultimate goal: all teams receive resources to launch their business concept as a corporate startup.
Do you have a specific skill or passion you want to grow in? Great! Most people in our team started as a general innovation professional but choose to develop in a specific direction. For example: innovation strategy, design thinking, talent development, customer validation, business model innovation, change management, etc.
- Academic background in Business / Design / Innovation / Engineering / Digital
- 5 years of relevant experience, preferably as innovation consultant
- You combine a Next-Gen entrepreneurial attitude with interests in business and design thinking.
- You have what it takes to thrive in our team: open mindset, working independently, as well as in group.
- You are flexible to jump from one case to the other.
- You are fluent in English, other languages are an asset.
- You are a future-thinker, and generate new ideas with a clear business model
- You are great at Project Management and client communication
- You organize and facilitate creative workshops with international teams
- You’re eager to learn
- You are able to make clear presentations, and defend your opinion with confidence.
- This position is Antwerp-based
You want to be part of a leading innovation consultancy, where you can:
- work in an international team of highly talented people
- (and have to) take full ownership of ideas and bring them into reality
- eat healthy breakfast & lunch every day
- enjoy Funky Fridays & unlimited Nalu
- have a personal self-development budget
- work at standing desks while listening to your free Spotify account
- walk around barefoot on our amazingly soft carpet floor
- have the freedom to develop yourself in a specific direction and so much more!