As a human-centered designer, you are radically inspired by people. You show great empathy for the user and spark the rest of the design team with powerful user stories that shift hearts and minds. You bring the voice of the people we’re designing for to life.
In the design process, you are responsible for designing and structuring the qualitative user research. You interpret and translate rich user insights towards a clear vision for innovative products, services, spaces, interactions and experiences.
We don’t believe in forcing someone into a specific job function. Your role will be shaped based on your own interest and experience, as well as those of your team members; and even more importantly, everyone's role is expected to evolve continuously. Consider this as a starting point: You help organisations to...
- Design innovative products and services. e.g. Our client, a publishing company, is embracing a digital transformation. This new strategy brings new products and services. Your role in the innovation project would be to lead the qualitative user research by organising fieldwork, facilitating co-creation sessions, conducting contextual interviews, performing usability studies, etc. You work with an interdisciplinary team and use the research findings to inform and inspire strategic decisions and design solutions. You test early prototypes iteratively with users to move ideas closer to marker launch.
- Explore new markets e.g. Our client, a broker, is looking for new revenue streams as the self-service trend emerges in the insurance industry. As a human centered designer, you explore new markets by performing ethnographic studies. You research why customers act the way they do in specific contexts and envision how it impacts the client’s business. You present actionable innovative directions which move our client forward.
- You have 1-3 years as design researcher, service designer, interaction designer, user researcher, or in design thinking in general
- A sound ability to scope a research project, lead fieldwork, conduct interviews and facilitate co-creation sessions.
- You are a creative and analytical thinker who can use both sides of your brain to extract important findings from research.
- You can produce clear and compelling visual communication with proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote, etc.
- You have exceptional storytelling skills: fluency and confidence to inspire teammates and clients with human-centered rationale.
- You can work on different projects simultaneously and flexible to jump from one case to another
- You are comfortable to work in a self-directing culture
- You are fluent in English; other languages are an asset.
But more importantly, we love you to:
- Collaborate – get the best out of the team
- Be optimistic – show excitement for new opportunities
- Learn from failure – be reflective and learn from it
- Take ownership – take responsibility for your bit, own it and follow through on it
- Work with the best. We help each other to be amazing.
- Gain project experience in exciting, international environments
- Benefit from great opportunities to grow
- Lots of fun, freedom and responsibility
- Beautiful Antwerp based office with healthy (free!) lunches