Senior Business Designer
At Board of Innovation our aim is to empower 100 million people to innovate, by building the most inspiring innovation agency. We're proud to work with clients like GE, Philips, Danone, AB InBev, ING and Roche - around the globe. Our overall goal is to have a long-term impact on the innovation culture: helping these corporates to build up innovation capabilities, so they can become more responsive in this fast-moving world.
We don’t believe in forcing someone into a specific job function. Your role will be shaped based on your own interest and experience, as well as those of your team members; and even more importantly, everyone's role is expected to evolve continuously.
Consider this as a starting point for the role of Board of Innovation Innovation consultant: you create a positive impact for people and organizations through innovation and design.
- You support corporate innovation teams in their quest for new business opportunities. Jointly, you turn these opportunities into significant business value and results (eg by generating actual new revenue streams, new product launch, etc). Working in a structured and agile way, you guide them through the different phases of innovative product or service developments and on-the-job collaborate with them throughout the entire process. Sometimes you will support corporate innovation teams as they transform into a more customer-centric culture. With great empathy for the customer or user, you guide them through different phases of applying for instance design thinking to their projects.
- You inspire the teams with the best practices in innovation, deep user understanding, and relevant tools and techniques. Where needed, you create innovation playbook and cases.
- You guarantee a strong focus on understanding the customer & creating relevant experiments in order to achieve market validation. You test early prototypes iteratively with users to move ideas closer to market launch. You interpret and translate (user/market) insights towards a clear vision for innovative products, services, spaces, interactions and experiences. And, as a team, turn this vision into tangible business results.
- One day you might discuss the innovation strategy & governance of a new accelerator. Another day, you’re facilitating brainstorm sessions with teams of intrapreneurs. Next, you are researching future strategies for innovative disruption in a specific sector or customer segment. In between, your train in-house ambassadors to spread the innovation virus within their organization.
Board of Innovation is organised in entrepreneurial self-steering teams. We believe consultants don’t need to be managed, but need to be given the freedom and trust to organise themselves as teams. That’s why at Board of Innovation, you can grow in different critical business roles and are being empowered to have a direct contribution to our overall strategy and growth.
- You have an academic background in Business/ Design/ Innovation/ Engineering/ Digital / ...
- You have substantial and relevant experience in business modelling (eg as an innovation consultant, business designer, leading a startup team, a product manager, an entrepreneur, ...)
- You have experience in applying Lean Start up principles and you are savvy in new technologies
- You have strong business analytical skills and are able to challenge a business case of a new venture, on-the-spot
- Designing and facilitating different innovation programs is what gets you excited
- You have a proven track record of generating tangible business results
- You are a future-thinker and generate new ideas with a clear business model
- You are able to formulate your own opinion, backed up with arguments and confidence
- You feel comfortable in the fuzzy front end of an innovation process, where at the same time you bring structure and are able to manage progress in innovation projects
- You have what it takes to thrive in our team: eager to learn, an open mindset, a team spirit, an entrepreneurial attitude and a ‘raise the bar’ mentality
- You are strong in one-on-one coaching (eg of intrapreneurs)
- You are fluent in English, other languages are an asset
- You are flexible and willing to travel to work with international teams across the globe, this position itself though is Antwerp-based
You want to be part of a leading innovation consultancy, where you can:
- Work in an international team of highly talented people
- (and have to) take full ownership of ideas and bring them into reality
- Eat healthy breakfast & lunch every day
- Enjoy our Funky Fridays & unlimited coffee and drinks
- Have a personal self-development budget
- Work at standing desks while listening to your free Spotify account
- Walk around barefoot on our amazingly soft carpet floor
- Have the freedom to develop yourself in a specific direction
- Actively contribute to overall organisation strategy and growth