Business Model Innovation Expert
YOU INNOVATE THE WAY COMPANIES CREATE, DELIVER AND CAPTURE VALUE
We don’t believe in forcing someone into a specific job function. Your role will be shaped based on your own interest and experience, as well as those of your team members; and even more importantly, everyone’s role is expected to evolve continuously. Consider this as a starting point for the role of Business Model Innovation expert:
- You’re a born researcher when it comes to understanding markets, the value drivers, industry benchmarks, common stakeholders, go-to-market strategies, etc. You translate these insights into tangible business model prototypes.
- You ideate & evaluate applicable business models together with corporate ventures and provide them with actionable feedback and direction.
- You write reports on how the business models of existing corporates will be challenged (and killed) in the future.
- You keep other consultants on top of their game when it comes to new business model cases in the market, go-to-market strategies and ways to ideate, evaluate & validate business models. In addition, you are eager to learn from other domain experts within Board of Innovation.
- You make your approach scalable by creating interesting methodologies/tools etc. in order to help us to inspire 100 M people.
Here at Board of Innovation, we have a holistic approach to business modeling. You design businesses just like others design products. Together with target segment & user research, you do comprehensive market & competitor research. You focus on outlining the dominant business models & most important long-held beliefs that can be disrupted. Where others prototype solutions, you model business models and test them. Curious about the type of projects you might be working on? Check out a few of our previous client projects here.
You will inspire clients and Board of Innovation’s team with validated methods and practices in business design. Where needed, you create business model playbook and cases. That’s why you proactively keep yourself up-to-date on all-business-modeling—related news. This allows you to spot analogies, be critical about frameworks, test and evaluate business models. Discover some of our most Business Model and Innovation tools here.
PASSIONATE ABOUT BUSINESS MODEL INNOVATION
- You have always been passionate and knowledgeable about business model innovation,
customer-centric innovation, corporate innovation and next-gen technologies.
- You proactively expand your academic background in Business/ Design/ Innovation/ Engineering/ Digital by always keeping yourself up-to-date on everything business model innovation-related
- You know most business model frameworks, methodologies, but are also critical to understand their disadvantages, pitfalls and shortcomings.
STRONG BUSINESS ACUMEN & CROSS INDUSTRY THINKER
- You have substantial experience in business modeling (eg as an innovation consultant, entrepreneur, business designer, leading a startup team, a product manager, …)
- You understand how businesses work, you’re able to recognise and evaluate characteristics in how companies create, deliver and capture value and you can translate these insights to other industries. You obviously know the analogies between Über, Air BnB and WeWork, and more importantly, you understand the critical success factors of each individual business model and you’re able to apply these insights in other industries.
- You have strong business analytical skills and are able to run ballpark estimates or challenge / kill a business case on-the-spot.
ENTREPRENEURIAL IN GETTING THINGS DONE
- You know how to deal with ambiguity and complexity, and you are comfortable with the fuzzy front- ends of business design.
- Your bias to action always takes you to the logical next step, and to keep track of overall progress and next steps.
- You are an achiever. You are hands-on and do what needs to be done to get results. You easily switch between several roles.
- Your strong business development capabilities contributed to your proven track record of tangible business results.
CREDIBLE & EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATOR
- You easily connect with people, and you have an open, empathic, proactive and to-the-point communication style.
- You are able to constructively formulate your own opinion, backed up with strong arguments and confidence.
- Your English is ‘CEO proof”, other languages are definitely an asset.
STAKEHOLDER-CENTRIC & STRATEGIC MINDSET
- You make sure to understand the real (strategic) needs and context behind a customer’s request and can advise accordingly.
- You make sure that clients are part of the solution. Together, you apply design methods and processes to develop new business models.
- You keep other consultants on top of their game when it comes to new business model cases in the market, go-to-market strategies, ways to ideate, validate business models.
GREAT FIT WITH OUR TEAM
- You have what it takes to thrive in our team: an authentic personality, a no-nonsense approach, a relentless drive to learn, an open mindset, an entrepreneurial attitude, a true team spirit (no ego’s!) and you share our ‘raise the bar’ mentality
- As we value diversity, you also bring in something unique, a new perspective, new competencies, or an interesting background that clearly complements and strengthens our team somehow!
- Because you enjoy working on the most amazing innovation projects with Fortune 500 corporates (like GE, Philips, Danone, AB InBev, ING and Roche) and having direct impact on their innovation and business strategies.
- Because you appreciate a stimulating office environment, like the opportunity to work at standing desks while listening to your free Spotify account, walk around barefoot on our amazingly soft carpet floor, or read a book in our cozy couches corner.
- Because you look for a place where you can be your whole self, and become part of highly talented, ambitious, (from time to time hilarious) international and diverse team (15 different nationalities and counting!).
- Because you love to travel worldwide (and long for more checks on that bucket-list) , you are eager to build a global professional network, while at appreciating Belgium as your (new) base.
- Because you want to craft your own job? Well, we encourage you to do so. It’s about creating opportunities to play to your strengths to create an even bigger impact. We want to support you to fulfil your professional and entrepreneurial ambitions.
- Because you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, prefer to work in self-steering teams, and want to contribute to our overall business strategies and growth.
- Because you get numerous on-the-job-and-beyond learning opportunities, the possibility to develop yourself in a direction of choice, and you receive a self-development budget.
- Because you like to eat healthy every day (breakfast, lunch, soup, fruits, drinks, … for free!) , and are not afraid to take the risk to get addicted to our coffee bean machine. Not to mention those legendary Funky Fridays.