Business Model Innovation Expert
At Board of Innovation our aim is to empower 100 million people to innovate, by building the most contagious innovation agency. We're proud to work with clients like GE, Philips, Danone, AB InBev, ING and Roche - around the globe. Our overall goal is to have a long-term impact on the innovation culture: helping these corporates to build up innovation capabilities, so they can become more responsive in this fast-moving world.
Business Model Innovation at Board of Innovation:
Here at Board of Innovation, we have a holistic approach to business modeling. We design businesses just like we design products. Together with target segment & user research, we do comprehensive market & competitor research. We focus on outlining the dominant business models & most important long-held beliefs that can be disrupted. When we prototype solutions, we model business models. Our product reviews are followed by business model evaluation exercises. And finally, while experimenting with our prototypes, we experiment with different business models too.
We don’t believe in forcing someone into a specific job function. Your role will be shaped based on your own interest and experience, as well as those of your team members; and even more importantly, everyone's role is expected to evolve continuously. Consider this as a starting point for the role of Business Model Innovation expert:
- One day you might ideate & evaluate the business models together with a corporate startup and provide them with feedback and direction. Another day, you are designing a business modeling playbook for a large corporation to use on a larger scale to impact larger number of project teams. Next, you are researching go-to-market strategies in a specific sector/market to inform a team you are meeting next week.
- You own business modeling methodology at Board of Innovation, constantly improve it based on your experience and gathered feedback.
- You keep other consultants on top of their game when it comes to new business model cases in the market, go-to-market strategies, ways to ideate, evaluate, validate business models.
- You create interesting content/tools around the topic of Business Model Innovation to be used with clients and for marketing purposes
Board of Innovation is organised in entrepreneurial self-steering teams. We believe consultants don’t need to be managed, but need to be given the freedom and trust to organise themselves as teams. That’s why at Board of Innovation, you can grow in different critical business roles and are being empowered to have a direct contribution to our overall strategy and growth.
Do you sometimes catch yourself having a hard time falling asleep because you just mùst understand how that particular startup structures their operations? Are you sometimes baffled by the fact that you can’t go to a bar without trying to calculate their revenues? Were you the one who read about how WhatsApp Business structured their pricing to incentivise businesses to reply to their customers within 24hours & just had to tell all your colleagues about it?
We are looking for you!
What else we expect from Business Model Innovation expert:
- You have a strong academic background in Business/ Design/ Innovation/ Engineering/ Digital / ...
- You have substantial and relevant experience analyzing, ideating, challenging and validating business models (e.g as an innovation consultant, business designer, leading a startup team, a product manager, an entrepreneur, business/product analyst, ...)
- You are familiar with different stages of a startup development cycles
- You have strong analytical skills
- You are able to challenge a business case & model of a new venture on-the-spot
- You have “I will figure it out” mentality. If you can’t find online how that competing enterprise software make their ends meet, you’ll call them pretending to be a potential buyer just to try to understand the intricacies of their business model.
- You have a proven track record of generating tangible business results
- You are a future-thinker and generate new ideas with a clear business model
- You are able to formulate your own opinion, backed up with arguments and confidence
- You feel comfortable in the fuzzy front end of an innovation process, where at the same time you bring structure and are able to manage progress in innovation projects
- You have what it takes to thrive in our team: eager to learn, an open mindset, a team spirit, an entrepreneurial attitude and a ‘raise the bar’ mentality
- You are strong in one-on-one coaching (e.g. of corporate startup teams)
- You are fluent in English, other languages are an asset
- You are flexible and willing to travel to work with international teams across the globe, this position itself though is Antwerp-based
You want to be part of a leading innovation consultancy, where you can:
- Work in an international team of highly talented people
- (and have to) take full ownership of ideas and bring them into reality
- Eat healthy breakfast & lunch every day
- Enjoy our Funky Fridays & unlimited coffee and drinks
- Have a personal self-development budget
- Work at standing desks while listening to your free Spotify account
- Walk around barefoot on our amazingly soft carpet floor
- Have the freedom to develop yourself in a specific direction
- Actively contribute to overall organisation strategy and growth